Friday, April 9, 2010

Mercy

( My dad as a boy, it is funny because our family cats always liked him the best and he didn't really enjoy them back.)


I love the word Mercy. I don't know why except that when you need it and you receive it it is EVERYTHING.

I was in desperate need of it a few weeks ago. I needed it so badly I was getting sick. Thankfully it was given to me. I am extremely grateful and relieved. The power one has to give mercy is almost unfair. When you need the mercy, if someone doesn't give it to you, it can be life altering. Or if you need mercy, and someone gives it to you, it can also be life altering. Life altering for the one needing the mercy and life altering for the the one giving the mercy.

Something happened between me and my dad last year. This year I needed his mercy. Crying I told him of the situation in which I needed his mercy. I was scared. My dad said to me, "Did I ever tell you about the time..." and he proceeded to tell me a time in which he had the same situation with his dad.

Only worse. When he told me it was so sweet and tender. Merciful. Put me out of my misery, merciful. My soul needed it. I can't handle discord with my parents. I care so much that they think I am good.


My dad gave me a gift of mercy. Thereby, in my opinion, securing mercy on his own transgression with his father.


"Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy
."


I have incredible parents.

1 comment:

Terri Porter said...

Susan you are so blessed to have parents. Treasure them daily. It because of them that you are such a wonderful parent. Be thankful for every day that you have them in your life.

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...