Thursday, April 22, 2010

I know it isn't Fung Shui, but....

I have serious living room issues.


Serious!

Our comfy couches are HUGE! They do not fit well in our cozy, non cozy, living room! I can actually tolerate their largeness but there is literally no safe place to put the love seat. If I put it here...






I could lose a wild child toddler out the window...



OUCH!


If I put it here...





I could lose a wild child toddler over the "balcony" of our stair case.





Ouch!

It is a dilemma. Truly. So the love seat has been sitting in the middle of the room, sort of pulled away from the window, and pulled away from the wall, so that no one can fall. So because it was pulled out it was hard to walk in or through the room easily.

It was beginning to


really

frustrate me. Almost just as much the time we had the dead elk head hanging on the wall. That just sucked all energy and life out of me, as was this enormous love seat with no where to be.


So I was very much appreciative when a weeks days ago I was vacuuming and it just came to me! The way I could arrange my couch which would be safe and tolerable. I actually think Heavenly Father inspired me as to how to maneuver the situation. Because, you know, He loves me, and wants to help me even with little thing. I think He helped because it just came to me so easily. I hate to use up my blessings (do you think that might be how it works?) on something menial but I was very grateful for a solution.


So I know it is completely nutty but here is the new arrangement of my furniture which has brought me great joy and relief to not have the love seat in my way anymore.

I am not exaggerating either. Joy and Relief... on a first world level. (if you don't know what I mean by that I will explain in a future post.)


Anyhoo...... I moved a lamp and an end table and viola!










Yup, there it is! Just smooshed right up against the other one. Nutty I know but...Phew! And as you saw on previous posts, it makes a great napping place.


And I took 5 extra decorative pillows that was on the couch and packed them in storage. I know my cool FB friend Kelly LOVES her pillows but they are a pain! This couch had TWELVE total pillows! Every day I was just picking them off the floor. But I still HEART my new/used couch.


Oh yeah...For all those who are looking too closely at how clean my carpet and walls are, or how new or old my house must be...(I know because I have been guilty of doing the same thing)...don't! I have said in past posts, this house is my classroom where I am teaching and raising children. Corey and I purposely bought a used house so we wouldn't have to stress over every little ding (not that we don't care, but six kids live here!). It has worked marvelously also. Our next house is going to be the sterile clean, take your shoes off at the door, "wow, who decorates your house?" one... just you wait and see!

3 comments:

Janetlee said...

Susan, there are a million what ifs in the world. If someone falls out the window, they will most likely break their arm and never do it again. It is okay to just live. But I love what a good mom you are and how protective you are. It was fun to see you tonight. I love your super bargain on baby bibs!

Terri Porter said...

Susan, I just remembered that Ace has these window locks. I am going over there today and I will bring them over to you....

*~KaTiE BoO~* said...

Brilliant idea! I love the inspiration story and have had that same sort of thing...but I don't think you can use up your blessings. Have you got a set number of blessings for your kids and then," well, sorry, that is it for you"? Ha HA. No way. You are a great mom. I think you are very wise to not put those couches next to the danger. Those are big dangers! Love K

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...