Sunday, April 11, 2010

He calls me back.


Auugggg! I forgot to pay my news paper subscription (okay, okay, for two months now) and they didn't deliver my 5 Sunday papers this morning. GRRR. So I look on the computer and I see that Alberston's doublers are available. Now any couponers knows those are awesome and almost always mean free stuff! And if I had five papers I would have 5 sets of doublers which is 15 coupons. Got it? So I decide I am going to drive to Maverick and buy some papers. I know it is not great. It is the Sabbath after all and in my religion shopping on Sunday is considered breaking the Sabbath. And I really feel bad about making businesses get business that makes them stay open on Sunday which makes people have to work on Sunday. So I do try to stay out of the stores on Sunday.


BUT I NEED THOSE COUPONS DARN IT!


and I have done it before, I must admit. As in, more than once... or twice... (okay okay, more than three times! Sheesh.)


So I am driving in to Maverick only feeling a twinge of guilt. Mostly excited for my coupons. I turn on the radio to the beautiful station we get on Sunday called sounds of Sunday. Love it. Anyways, the second I turn it on, Glenn Rossin is telling a story about a college kid who was going to write his paper on Sunday but decided not to do it. He had not been able to get it done previously and he felt the Lord would understand because "the ox was in the mire" and the paper was due. He then decided he would not do his paper that day. The next day he had two hours to throw the paper together and turn it in.


So I'm driving...and driving...thinking...and thinking...not gonna do it...not gonna do it...I am not turning around! I am going to get my papers! The Lord would understand. I need those coupons.


UGGGHHH! I turn around.


This beeeaaautiful song come on as I am driving home called, "Back on my Knees" by Candice Crockett. I tired to find it on the Internet for you but no such luck. But the words were talking about trying to do things on your own and your way and then what happens is...


"He calls me back and gently humbles me.
I thought I could do it on my own...

When my prides gets in the way and I'm much to blind to see,
please call me back on my knees..."



So I am here at home without my coupons but with a much humbler heart and thankful for a patient and teaching Father.



Oh! By the way, the guy who did his term paper in two hours received one of the only A's the instructor ever gives. Glenn Rossen quoted the scripture about the Lord being bound when you do what He says.


So if I wake up in the morning and there is a mile high stack of doublers on my front door step...you'll know why!


Happy Sunday!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You may not have that mile high stack of doublers, but you will have a grateful heart and peace for obeying his laws...even if it means no couponing for a week! Hey...this may be a blessing in disguise. Thanks for being a good example. Love you!

The Brendles said...

I was listening to the same thing right after church! Love Sounds of Sundays! I know how those double coupons can make you feel!! Good for you for turning around :)

Anonymous said...

Nancy Chamberlain- Loved your Blog! Love you too! I'll save my coupons for you!


Tiffany Parkin- I love reading your blog. I actually look forward to reading your new posts

Anonymous said...

Hey! I love your blog. Ever since I received your Christmas card, I have been following it. I just never comment. Anyway, Candice Crockett was a friend of mine in high school. I sent her a message trying to find the song for you. I found out she has a cd with the song. You can find it at candicecrockett.blogspot.com. I gave her the link to your blog so she could read about your little experience. I hope you don't mind. Anyway, thanks for keeping me updated through your blog. I love reading about you and your family. I can't wait to come and visit you again sometime soon. -- Cynthia

candice crockett said...

You don't know me, I'm the Candice Crockett to which you were referring to in your post! Your friend Cynthia emailed me... small world when you're a member of the church, eh?!!! I'm so glad you liked the song, even more glad that it helped you to feel the love of the Father! You can find my cd on my blog: candicecrockett.blogspot.com. If you just want the words... I can help there too!!!

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...