Thursday, April 1, 2010

I appreciate a good wink!


Tonight I went for a visit to the LDS Temple with my ward members. There is a girl (a grown up one) in my ward whom I just love. She is so super nice. She has a cute sewing blog you can check out ... http://mytaylormade.blogspot.com/ ... I don't know what it is about her but she is just great. Cute and nice and funny and sweet. I love her.

Anyways, we were walking past each other and she gave me a little wink. I think that is so extremely cool. It once again solidified the fact that I enjoy a good winker. I have always known I do. For some reason a wink just makes me feel really good things about myself.

I honestly don't know how people pull it off. Have you ever tried to do it? It is really hard to pull off! I don't think you can fake a wink. You either have it...or you don't. I don't think it is something you can force, practice, or learn. It seems to me, it is an art all of it's own.

I wish I could be a winker. You are cool, Shannon. You got it, girl!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

This is so funny to me, Susan! I have to agree that winking is definitely a yes or no and can not be faked or you just come off as having a twitch or smarmy. Having said that, I HATE it when Jake winks at me. It seriously makes me want to punch him in the arm whenever he does it. I really don't know why but maybe it is because he is not an official Winker. I also have to add that I think Shannon is cool too. There are way too many cool ladies in the 1st ward and I really think some of you need to move to this end of the street. Just saying.

Shan said...

Augh. You are so sweet!! I LOVE you!! Thank you.

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...