Friday, April 2, 2010

How am I doing on my quest to not eat sugar, you ask?

AWFUL!!!!!

and here is why!......

I just love Easter candy. I don't know why it tastes so much better in pastels but it just does, darn it! These are one of my very favorite! I had to ban myself this year. Just one bag was all I was allowed. The next day I had to choose a different kind. Ohhh, just joking, dad!



I know many a friend who would die for this kind..... I do like them but not as much as the bad boys I already showed you.


Some other great choices were the solid Hershey chocolate shaped like a flower. That was new this year. Last year it was shaped like a rabbit and that was my favorite but I haven't seen them since. I like the eggs but they just take to long to unwrap with my carpal tunnel damages hands.

Oh.... and I love Cadbury eggs. Not the mini's though. I have fond memories of getting them with my mom when I was a kid. It is like chocolate with frosting inside. The yolk cracks me up. Cracks...ha.

What is your favorite kind of Easter candy?

2 comments:

kirstensblog said...

oHHH! I love Easter Candy too. It is just so cheerful and fun in this gray season,(but I just know it is revving up the green ready to explode flowers grass and sunny blue skies). Aloni and I did this thing this year, we didn't even plan it. As co-lovers of Easter candy we would be on the look out for each other's favorite yet rare treats. I got her Reeses pastel eggs, solid peanut butter, and she got me the mini creme eggs from Cadbury. then she found some very fun orange creme hugs from Hershey. My kids loved those. One MUCH too good for that crap. It is faux candy and shouldn't be allowed. It adulterates the true and living candy, chocolate. This year I decided to taste test the bunnies. We tried giant reeses egg. Too much chocolate to peanut butter ratio. Not that neat. We tried lindor bunnies. Too much of a caramel after taste. Will pass next time. after a couple of other weird brands we decided that the Dove was absolutely the smoothest nicest chocolate. Not too sweet, not to dark, didn't leave that weird chocolate feeling in the mouth when you get too much chocolate. Dove won. My favorite candy of this year? Weird. You will think I am crazy. The tart and tangy gummy bunnies and eggs by Life Saver. I am usually not a gummy anything fan. But I did like those the best this year. I loved the Russel Stover marshmallow bunny too. It was fun. I like candy. It is cheerful. But what is it that attracts me? the shiny wrappers. Seriously. Without the packaging, I'd pass on a LOT of it. Weird.

kirstensblog said...

Okay, the computer cut out like, two sentences and it makes little sense about something. What I wanted to write was that there is NO PALMERS ANYTHING allowed in our house. It is the faux candy impersonating the true and living chocolate. It is nastirific. That is all.

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...