Saturday, May 25, 2013

All night fun!


I would blame it on being old, and despite my late night blog postings, I am terrible at staying up late at night.

It has been that way since I was a teenager. I would be out with friends late, really just wishing I could go home and go to bed because I would be tired.

So it was no surprise to me that I fell asleep during BOTH the movies at the senior lock in. The great Gatsby and The new Star Trek! So MADDENING! I could not have stayed awake during them to save a life. I even drank some kind of vitamin energy thing. And diet Pepsi. Didn't work.

Other than that, the Senior Lock in was just so fun. You know...for the kids I mean. (*cough**Ahem*)

It started out with a crazy fun ride in a Limo Hummer.



It was a serious party in there. So pretty and sparkly. And maybe a tiny bit smelly from past parties? Ewe.




 Thanks to Kassidy's teacher's husband (it is so nice having a young youthful teacher) the ride to the all nighter (1/2 hour away) was so much fun. He turned the music up so loud and danced the whole time. It was so cute and funny and so we ALL danced and sang as loud and as rowdy as possible. So fun.

We also had a normal limo and took turns between the two on the ride there and back.


 At the all nighter the kids played games to earn prizes. They spelled their whole name with their bottoms (that's Kassidy), they played something called "limp" cant even remember now. Where the kids had to carry a limp person in a variety of ways to a finish line. It was hysterical  And they had dance off's and other crazy things. It was so fun. They had massive food, bowling, mini golf, pool, and movies.



Each kid got a prize to take home to start their new lives. Kassidy got plates, cup and and silverware. So fun!!! (She is exhausted)


 Then after the all nighter we went to chick fil a. We were pretty dead by that point. (Except that I had two naps during the movies...grr.)



Kassidy's teacher. She is a blast. She has done so many fun things to teach the kids. And she is very theatrical and youthful and silly and lets the kids be silly and doesn't take them too seriously. Kassidy calls her her best friend. She is so fun. I appreciate her talents so very much. AND best of all, she has a southern accent and I could listened to her ALL day. (She said I could walk a zombie marathon with her this year. Wahoo! Just for the record...I don't care about marathons. But when I hear you get to dress up like a zombie or have chalk thrown all over you, or dress up in costumes...I am so there.)



Her cute dancing husband! The kids love him as well. That is all the pictures I have so far. Maybe when the kids post some on FB I'll steal them and add them later.

So when I got home at 8 am I did dishes and cleaned up and saw my kids and then went to bed all day. You know what terrifies me? How one night of missed sleep (which still includes two movie naps) and I am TRASHED. I get grumpy and anxious and drunkish and I can't take it. I hate that. I hate how dependent we are upon sleep.

I love spending all this time with my kids though doing their fun activities  I hope when Kate is older I will still have energy to do it and I hope she will want me to!

I LOVE seeing my girl grow into an adult. To see her get presents to start her new life (whichever path that may be) thrills me. I am so excited for her. She...is terrified. She....want to go get a job at the charter school so she can stay there. She...is scared to leave the nest. But she will be AWESOME. She is responsible and funny and has some great useful wisdom. Also....about the other kids there....same as always....they just want attention and fun from the adults. They do. I keep learning that. I had so much fun laughing with and at the kids. Even one that might be considered a "tough" guy. He and I busted up in the limo as we checked out all the gadgets and talked to the driver on speaker and messed with the lights. You know when you have no sleep how everything is funny? Yeah...that. 


No comments:

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...