Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Khronicles of Kate....But good ones!


Kate has been a challenging little thing. She is MUCH like Kassidy was. VERY STUBBORN. Very independent. Very bossy. Very busy. Very talkative. Very demanding. Kassidy likes to tease that she has been her apprentice. Her "mini me".

The other thing I am learning is that if I don't give her what she wants...she suckers it out of someone else. And they GIVE IT TO HER! Justine is the worst! More than once I disciplined Kate on the camping trip and Justine would cuddle her. "It's so sad" or "but she's so cute" Justine would tell me when I would tell her to knock it off. I think she has also had so many people giving her attention that she literally expects attention or conversation every minute. It's tiring.

Kristopher made sure to reprimand me one day. He said she was not the cause of my burn out. If I had been 15ish years younger (like with Kassidy) I would have been fine. So it isn't her fault he said. And it isn't. She is a little sweetie really. She just is pretty demanding.

But lately things have been getting a lot better with her. She is learning to keep herself a bit busier. Here are some things lately about my darling girl. 

She spent a good hour grating soap for me for the homemade laundry detergent. She was very determined and proud of her work. And I was excited that she was getting the job done for me.





Good girl!

She helped me plant our flowers. We have two strips in front of our house that need flowers every year. I am always trying to find something cheap that will also cover the whole strips. So far I haven't been thrilled. 


So this year we are trying Alysum. 
Kate helped me the whole time. Lots of fun.




Kate had pet day at school. The kids loved it.


Kate brought Zane our parakeet. He is a good boy.


They also had butterflies at school.  They hatched them and set them free.



Bo and Kate made this great Lego tower!



I can't get these pictures to quit squishing up. Grr. But this is Kate camping. She was so cute the whole time. She carried this rock around and called it her baby. And she would cuddle it and take good care of it. She is a very nice mommy.










1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love you. Love your kids. Not just saying that.

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...