Friday, December 17, 2010

Angels among us! On a cold night in a snowstorm...

Corey's been jogging consistently for about 9 months. He has lost 40 pounds.

He is a die hard with incredible drive. It is actually pretty annoying.

He has had a few funny experiences though.

One night he was sprayed by a skunk...

One night he scared some other walkers so badly they fell down (scared by his heavy breathing)...

and one night a cat pounced on him and hung on his leg for a while.... (cats are funny creatures)

He jogs in an area where they are building homes and there are only a few families living around there. There is a paved road like a track so it is perfect. You know, if you want to jog an hour straight.

One night during the frigid cold, he was out jogging and a neighbor yelled at him to go home and threaten to call the police on him. Kind of cute, they are watching out for him.

The other night he went jogging in the snow as usual. He goes at night, and after a few times around the "track", in his self made "lane" which he won't waver from becasue he is OCD that way, he sees a bag which he originally thought was another skunk, but it wasn't.

It was a sweet little offering from kind neighbors, who had snuck out there while he had jogged a few laps... and left it in his trail.




He was pretty happy and touched about it. It is nice when your hard work is appreciated. (Not that I would know, ha ha)

Think Santa should bring Corey a new pair of running shoes? His feet keep getting wet!

The bottoms are bare, no tread...


Also incredibly cool...Corey found access to the Book of Mormon for his MP3 player. He listened to 14 chapters. Great... now I really have to step up my game.

5 comments:

Pirate Princess said...

LOVE IT!!! :D

Unknown said...

I've GOT to let my husband read this post. He'll love it!

Jennifer Serr said...

Where can I get that MP3? I want to use it on mine! Funny, Scott and I have both considered jogging recently....in that same area... I definately think he needs new running shoes. Famous footwear is having their buy one get one 1/2 off sale. You could get him 2 pair...one for now and one for when that pair wears out! Way to go Cory!

Judy Sledheads said...

That is so awesome! Nice to know someone is watching out for the crazy, insane guy running in the snow and cold. Seriously insane! And yes, he most definately needs new running shoes Santa!

Susan said...

Michelle Vivino said... This made me very, very happy :o) I love sweet people! And yes, please tell Santa to bring him some shoes ;o)
Mary McDowell said...I love this story sooo much, people can be so good, so kindhearted,bless them...and ah-yes he needs GOOD running shoes with GOOD tread:)
Corey Nielsen said...Actually I've lost 48 lbs. but who's counting....
Mary McDowell said...you should count every lb. that is so awesome, but I feel like you sent the lbs. over FB to me!!!!
Melanie Lynn Shirling said...I"m with Mary.. you should count every single pound! Last time I lost weight it was 71 pounds. Don't dare forget the one... smile emoticon

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...