Sunday, December 19, 2010

Appreciation for Husband, Sunday, the 45th

Ah Ha! I caught him!!!! He is having fun!!!! See the proof?????


Oh, okay...he looks a little bit in pain here....

but in this one... a genuine laugh!


Corey HATES social events.

Hates them as much as I hate that NO ONE (but the one cool kid in the family, Nathan) will eat Spanish Olives with me. I seriously have a little love affair with Spanish Olives. They are delectable!

One time when Corey was unemployed he went to Sun Valley for two weeks to run a computer store. It was a trial job to see if Corey would like it and if it would like Corey.

Let me just say....it did not like Corey.

When he came home for the weekend he looked weird. His face was all wrinkly. I said to him, "What is wrong with your face, you have new wrinkles or something..."

Exasperated but humored he said it was because he had to smile so much and be friendly to all the customers and his face was tired from it. He was exhausted from all the niceness. Needless to say, he didn't accept the job. Ha ha.

Anyway....I asked nicely if Corey would go to a party (I quit forcing him like 15 years ago) and he said yes. We went to a friend's house for pie and games. And I appreciated it so much because when he won't go, I feel weird going without him and I miss out on lots of friendships.

Also, he said he would go again to another party tomorrow night! Score!

Thanks, Corey.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Nancy Chamberlain said... Way to go Corey!
Amy Kalakay Ward said...My, oh my....isn't Corey just becoming a little social butterfly!
Corey Nielsen said... This all will end soon and I'll go back to my cave.
C. Kent Chamberlain said...Caves are usually scented by droppings from flying rodents. Doesn't seem as good as perfumed people, but to each his own alone.
Melanie Lynn Shirling said...Sweet! Jeffery gets that same pained look on his face when I mention anything to do with any kind of gathering...

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...