Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Whatcha doing? Me? Oh nothing. Just making ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTY SUGAR COOKIES!!!!!!!!!

You know how somethings never quite work out like you envision them?


Like sitting around all week working on homemade Christmas gifts with the kids in a spotless clean house? Oh why do i dream?


Or playing games with the kids all Christmas break in a spotless clean house? Why do I torture myself so?


Or reading out of the scriptures with children quietly listening to my every word in a spotless clean house? Why oh why?


Or making art projects with a pin where you poke it in black paper and then hang it in the window for the sun to show off your little Christmas design....in a spotless clean house? Heavy Sigh.

But one thing I was not going to let die without a fight (and I think it went pretty successful) was the Sugar Cookie Decorating Bonanza. It was our first year ever and it took days to prepare. Days to make the dough, refrigerate the dough, cut out the cookies,



and bake. My mom handed me down the cutest cutters ever. My mom use to have Sugar Cookie Decorating Bonanza for us as kids all the time which included squirting mouth fulls of frosting in my brother's mouth....what? He'd ask for it!

Anyway, fond memories of it as a kid. For some reason I am always trying to recreate those.

So we had a pretty good time decorating.



We (okay...COREY!) had a mini sprinkle throwing food fight. We laughed over Bo who made cookies with piles of sprinkles on them. Piles. Kate was super happy frosting and "sprinko spinko" ing her cookies. It was a little bit of Christmas bliss. And just look at our super cute cookies! 130 of them! Now frozen since we couldn't (shouldn't) eat them all.









(My favorite)





Corey's Steelers helmet!


The end!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Nancy Chamberlain said...We did have fun making cookies when you were younger! I miss the big Santa cookie cutter. My cookies were good and dad loved the peanut butter balls!
Tiffany Parkin said... Darn you...you are such a good mother. Now I have to make cookies with my little ones.
Susan said... Trust me it has only happened like twice.
Kim Heinke said...Now that's a fun memory made!
Mary McDowell said...beautiful-and hopefully they will do this someday w/their kids-what a great mom, I do like Corey's idea of the sprinkle fight, as long as it's not at my house, I'm too crazy compulsive, wish I wasn't..

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...