Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas! Hope your day included some favorite moments also!

Favorite quote of the day....

Justine totally appalled!- "Strawberry short cake has hair extensions?????!!!!!!!!"


Sadly my friends, she does.

Favorite shallow moment of the day.....

Burning my kids twice at UNO. Uh huh. Oh yeah! I am the Uno master. Uno is a long lived tradition in my growing up days. I STILL have my feelings hurt from when my dad and brother use to gang up on me.

Favorite realization of the day... I was very happy when I opened my eyes and we had slept in until 7:00am.

Over all favorite gift of the day.... $4 dollar dress up shoes from Wal-mart. Kate adored them. Wore them the entire day.



And we were all amazed at how well she could walk in them!

Favorite touching moment....

Opening my present from my sweet girl, Justine. I LOVE reptiles and amphibians. We are so excited for Nathans Birthday because we are getting a bearded dragon. Anyway, a few months ago I was in Wal-mart and they had this glass display case with frogs and lizards and they were so cute. I told Justine if dad asks, (which we all know he won't ;) Just kidding, I promise! ) I want these. Well, apparently she made Corey take her to the store and she was broken hearted because all the lizards were gone. But they still had tree frogs. So she got me one. I HEART it with all my HEART. I think it is so cute. And it was so touching she used her own money and remembered I wanted it. After I opened it and was so shocked she had remembered I look at Corey and he was all teary eyed. He thought she was so sweet also. I want to collect them all now.


Favorite sweetie pie of the day....

I worry about Rhett because his ADHD meds keep him eating very little and sometimes I worry he isn't feeling well. He came up the stair holding his stomach and I immediately asked if he was okay.... His reply with a sweet smile, "I'm just so happy!"

Favorite New jogging shoes... (and he is off jogging now but won't wear them. Says he needs to break them in)

Four more Favorite things to mention....

Loved my calligraphy book mark from Kassidy, so sweet, and loved another day full of building Lego's! Loved dinner with my parents where my mom left us all the food she brought. She is so kind. Loved that my dad loved and laughed over the cheesy imitation "chia pet santa" Nathan gave him.

Favorite quote of the day..... by Thomas S. Monson "The spirit of giving gifts has been present in the mind of each Christian as he or she commemorates the Christmas season. Our Heavenly Father gave to us His Son, Jesus Christ. That precious Son gave to us His life, the Atonement, and victory over the grave.

"What will you and I give for Christmas this year? Let us in our lives give to our Lord and Savior the gift of gratitude by living His teachings and following in His footsteps. It was said of Him that He 'went about doing good.' As we do likewise, the Christmas spirit will be ours."


Today I was thinking how the excitement goes away so fast on Christmas day. As soon as the presents are opened the excitement ends. And it made me think it is because the focus is not on Christ and His present to us. This year I did really bad on that (more to come on that topic). I hope to improve on that next year. I am grateful for chances to "redo".

I'm sure I'll have more to document later...Like 130 awesome sugar cookies, but for now, Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are an amazing writer and I always look forward to your posts!

Unknown said...

Beautiful!!! Merry Christmas!

Susan said...

Kim Heinke... I enjoyed this! Glad you had a merry Christmas!
Mary McDowell... I beat lil Talan at uno moo ha, he handled it well
Nancy Chamberlain... We had a great time!
Carolyn Nielsen Cook Burr... We had a different Christmas, as I did so little compared with what I usually do. I hope your meal was wonderful.

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...