Thursday, December 2, 2010

Khronicles of Kate!

My friend told me Kate was like a Jack Russel Terrier. If you aren't familiar with those dogs they are smart and HYPER. They need something to do or they become a PAIN!



So after she told me that I was amused and in agreement and decided to make play dough. Kept Kate busy for almost 2 hours!

Here is my best ever recipe!

2 1/2 cups flour
1/2c salt
1T alum
1 1/2 T vegetable oil
Color and flavoring (I know the flavoring seems weird but it is fun to have good smelling play dough)

Mix all ingredient plus 2 cups less 1T boiling water. Knead until smooth. Keep covered tightly, storing in the refrigerator. Add more flour if two sticky.


Don't you love her day old hair? You should know that later I did clean her up and put her hair in the cutest braids. She looked like a whole new kid. She is almost 3! I am freaking out and rejoicing all at the same time.



She made elephant "prints" with the feet. Smart I thought. And then she and Bo spent the whole time burying animals. I was also very glad that I took the time to make two colors which they smooshed into one. My fault. I should have known better.

Love this girl! Even if she did keep me up until 11:30 just because she had had a nap!

3 comments:

Mike said...

Love Playdough! wonderful babysitter/imagination workout for the kiddos! maybe I'll do this tomorrow.

Unknown said...

I am pretty sure the word is 'agreement'.
=)

Susan said...

Mary McDowell said... smart girl not outsmarted by mommy,good job Sus:)

Nancy Chamberlain said...They do enjoy the Play-Doh!

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...