Thursday, December 9, 2010

My kitchen!

I have ugly oak cupboards. I don't remember ever liking oak even when it was popular. I may have but I don't remember it and I definitely don't like it now. And my ugly oak cupboard are getting worn.

I have seen people stain theirs black and paint theirs black and paint only some black. And I do enjoy black. But my kitchen is small and I think it will be too dark and dreary. And if I am not going to be comatose then I think I need to see white. White and bright. So when I saw this kitchen... (from my favorite blogster decorator people, whom I think I am friends with but really am not...http://theletteredcottage.net/ but I ADORE everything she does. ADORE!)



I decided that it was the one I was going to model mine after and I was completely FLOORED to realized she just painted over her old cupboards... Seriously? It is the same kitchen! Do you believe me? It is!


So that is what I am going to do. And I actually really like how she painted the bottom a grayish silver. I can't decide if I should do it or not because as you can tell from past posts I am way low on cupboards compared to her but I love her gray. And I want those exact knobs. I actually just want to be her and move into her house. (With my kids and spouse of course)


And I am going to add the little "supports" that look like they are holding up the cupboard. I like them because they look farm houseish to me. I am not a decorator so I have no idea if that is "the look" that they are but that is how they look to me.


And I WILL be having bead board as well. But I will get to that later.

And I LURVE... (don't you totally hate that blogging term? I do! I despise it. But I feel strongly about this next topic so I am using that word.) I luuurve how she left a cupboard open with all those wonderful white dishes. I know that maybe that is not practical in a house such as mine where practicality must out win anything else, but I am going for it anyhow.

And I am going to do that right here...


I am going to put the microwave above the oven and let this be an open cupboard with maybe a pitcher and a gravy boat. And I want it to look JUST like HERS!

So there is my next plan. I was thinking today if I quit blogging about it and just did it I might have the time.

And even though Corey will fight me on it, I want to copy her bed room design as well. Don't you just love it?

Before

After

Happy Sigh. I love that look. Go check out more of the bedroom... http://theletteredcottage.net/category/master-bedroom


Bye!

2 comments:

Nikki said...

I love those ideas for your kitchen. I love remodeling. Have fun with your makeovers.

Susan said...

Michelle Vivino It is going to be absolutely beautiful! You have great taste :o) Jury's out on the bedroom~ I think I'd have to see some furniture in it to see how it all ties together~ but it does look bright and airy! I can't wait to see it all done!

Kim Heinke Fun ideas, Susan!

Angie Higley-Vielma Definitely paint the cabinets.

Mary McDowell love it light and bright,if you want some dark it's popular to do dark on the bottom cupbaords and or an island and light on top cupboards, with glass inserts or open shelving..lots of sanding,priming to do and oil base paint:) oh funnnnnn!!!

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...