Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Yea! I am not just lazy! Nor do I have a TV addiction!

Good news around here! Sort of.

The other night I almost passed out. It was really weird. I almost felt frozen. And I felt twinkly in my head. I thought, "great! I have a brain tumor". My mind ALWAYS goes to the worst possible place. Always.


So after that I just figured my Peanut Butter Panic addiction (by the way, people! Ever since I have mentioned my favorite kind of ice cream, it has been sold out. And I really don't want any other kind. And they only sell it at Walmart! Is it possible you all are eating my ice cream? Well, Stop it! I am going to have to tell them to order more) has finally led to diabetes. Stupid diabetes! #$^&@! It is a plague in our family. It haunts us from both sides. My children won't stand a chance if they don't be vigilant.


So since I get freak out easily I immediately made an appointment with the Dr.

Today I got my blood work back and she asked me if I had been tired lately. Come to think of it I had!

But I just thought I was getting old. Or lazy. Or addicted. Because lately I will do a little work, sit and watch People's Court. Do a little work, sit and watch the Real Life House Wives. Do a little work, sit and watch Ghost whispers. I was starting to feel REALLY REALLY bad about myself that I was lazy and addicted. I use to be able to clean the whole house in one day with no issue AT ALL.


And also I didn't want to get diabetes right before Christmas! Talk about major bummer!

So the good news is I am not diabetic. Yea! Also, I am not fat and lazy. Okay... I am not lazy. And I probably am not addicted (jury is still out on that one).

I am vitamin depleted. I have no iron. As in... no iron. And no B-12. And no other important things. And my super cool lady Dr. was super impressed I was still up and going because my levels were so low. Like really impressed. So now I get to take major iron and give myself b-12 shots. And hopefully I will be back to my speedy self soon. Because I really felt better about myself then. Before I was tired a lot. Which I just thought was lazy.

In the mean time, I think People's Court just might be calling my name!

3 comments:

Susan said...

Oh No Susan!,
Please don't fall down. You can get broken and bruised that way. I have fallen a lot in the mountains without serious injury and twice here in IF walking the dry sidewalk and stubbing my toe on a half-inch rise in one concrete slab. I slipped on ice once and did a push-up saving my face, but getting my church coat and suit wet. Insulin reistant and diabetic people tend to shuffle their feet and loose balance.
I have too much iron so I assume your low iron s not genetic from me. Dr. has never said anything about it, but a previous doctor warned me not to eat iron rich foods nor take vitamins with iron. Most multiple viatmins no longer have iron in them, especially those hyped for seniors. But perhaps you can have more liver and ... I forgot other high-iron foods. Perhaps you already know.
Nice to have gone to the Museum and AC with three-quarters of your family yesterday.

Best Wishes, Kindest Regards, Good Luck, Much Love,

Dad a.k.a. C.KentC.

Janetlee said...

My Mom has to do iron pills and B12 shots. she swears by them so hopefully you will soon be so much better. I love you blogs.....I know I say that all the time....but I do!

Susan said...

Amy Kalakay Ward... At first I thought maybe this was an announcement! But now I wonder if I should get some blood work done. They'll probably just tell me I'm fat and lazy! Or entering menopause...
Kim Heinke... The vitamins really do make a difference. I am tested here about every other year for vitamin deficiency - mostly, vitamin D deficiency due to the lack of sunshine here.
Hope it all kicks in and you're feeling more energetic soon!!
Mary McDowell... plague of women..happy you will be fine
Corey Nielsen... DON'T EVEN GO THERE AMY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nancy Chamberlain... Glad you found out the cause. You will do great if you don't forget your pills like I do!
Mary McDowell... Dew boy-MEN-o- pause, good times
Susan Chamberlain Nielsen... I think Corey and Amy was referring to pregnancy. Maybe if I get energy back I will be able to handle more kids!
Amy Kalakay Ward... Corey= wimp...
Corey Nielsen... I think I might have to agree with ya Amy...
Christina Gutke Hopefully your moons start vanishing! I have so much iron in me I only have two slivers of moons on my thumbs!!! Eat your spinach!! grin emoticon

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...