Sunday, December 5, 2010

"Christ lights our way" Day 2 and 3


Wow! I already started out way behind with our "Christ lights our way" lessons. But if you followed me last year that is just how it goes around here and even though I am an "all or nothing person" I will just except it for what it is and keep on plugging away at it.

I certainly struggle big time with the family being so over scheduled it is hard to try to find time to do the most important things such as teach my children about Jesus. When I can barely fit that in I know things are not in harmony.

But what do I do? I don't have the kids in that many activities. Really, the kids usually are just in music and an occasional seasonal sport. But by the time you add church activities and scouts (which is part of our church) we are booked!

It is the schooling that needs to go. I need to bring them home so I can teach them things I really care about. Such as history and preserving food and caring for animals and the scriptures and the Constitution. Yep, school has got to go! (I know my friend Texas Blue is smirking because I won't just home school ALREADY! I talk a big game but I don't know if I can handle them all home all the time. I really wish we could have a week on and a week off.) If I had a maid and the kids wouldn't fight I would do it!


Also I sometimes wonder, is the knowledge of gardening and preserving food going to be more important someday than some of the things they are learning at school?

Just saying' . Okay, enough of that....


Tonight I made my famous 7 layer dip. This is the third time in three weeks and now the kids are wanting it every Sunday night. And as they ate their dip we read by candle light. I must say it is almost impossible to feel the spirit with Kate chattering non stop. I need to do this when she is watching a movie. Nonetheless we learned...

Jesus was forgiving. A woman came to Jesus and put oil on his head. And washed his feet with her tears and hair. The man Jesus was eating with was shocked because she was a sinner. Jesus told him... Did you anoint my head? Did you give me water to wash my feet? And He told a parable about how the person who commits the bigger sin and is forgiven loves Him more and is more thankful. And He forgave her. You could actually just visualize that parable. I know what it is like to be forgiven. And the relief and love is great. And the bigger the sin the greater the gratitude. It is true.

We also learned that Jesus had the power to heal. Very simple story about Jesus healing a nobleman's son who was almost dead. If I understand the story right, the fever broke at the exact hour the man spoke with Jesus.

I love this easy simple guide I am using that has all Christ's stories organized for me. Today at church we had an interesting testimony bore. And the man served a mission in Africa. And a man in Africa had talked about how we like to "bank" our testimonies. And we need to not do that. We need to share them.. I hope my blog shares mine with you. And my children who someday read this. I am petrified to go up on the stand at church and bare my testimony. But I hope you all know and that my children know, that I know! Jesus is our Savior.


Merry Christmas!

I have honeslty spent a grand total of about 7 hours trying to get perfect light up on my tree.

What the chicken?

No comments:

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...