Thursday, January 20, 2011

Two Peas in a Pod!

When I grew up I had THE best NEIGHBORS ever in the whole world. It was like a whole neighborhood of more moms for me. I loved that neighborhood. I lived there 12 years. One of the "moms" I was especially closest to was... Mary. I still love that name. I almost named Kate's middle name that.

When I look back I bet she was only 30. Which seems so young now. But then, she was just another mom to me and I really did love her dearly. Really. She didn't have daughters so I benefited from that.

I have been so blessed to find Face Book and be able to reconnect with so many people from my childhood. It has been actually painful to me that I never got to see how my friends turned out since I moved so far away, and haven't been back. I know it is dramatic but Face Book has given me some closure.

I was so thrilled to find Mary on Face Book and catch up with her and her family. I remember so much about her.

She had two boys. When I grew up I wanted more siblings DESPERATELY. But it wasn't to be. I was so happy to "sibling" her two boys.



I remember spending a lot of time at her house and I think she must have been pretty patient to let me hang out when I was older than her children.

I remember she had a sticker collection and she would always share with us. It was Christmas tradition to open our presents and then go check out what her kids received. When I got married the neighborhood "moms" threw me a wedding shower. I STILL have one of the outfits her littlest son wore. I don't know how it came that I got it but each one of my children wore it. My mom and her use to get together and play jacks. I still have the Garfield scrapbook she gave me.

and now look what she sent me....




SWOON....

The peas are microscopic compared to my giant man hand fingers...But they are so stinking CuTe. And I LoVe the little pod.



So cute even my boys loved them.

The first thing Corey noticed was the price of shipping. So PRACTICAL! Oh brother. It was a gift of love. Shipping..... pshh.


Thanks Mary! I love you as much now as I ever did and I am glad we have been able to reconnect. Hope you'll forgive me for posting pictures but aren't they darling? You loved your kids to pieces and it was shared with me as well. And you were/are beautiful! Mwwaa!!!!!

1 comment:

Janetlee said...

I want to get some for my sister! Where did she get them?

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...