Thursday, January 13, 2011

Just eat more carrots! You'll be fine........

I am IN LOVE with these commercials for Weight Watchers by Jennifer Hudson. IN LOVE. I find them so inspiring. SO INSPIRING









And I love this ad in the magazine also....








I have been wanting to join weight watcher for a while now. But the actual commitment to lose weight is hard. Watching every single thing you put in your mouth is hard.

My sweet, lovely, go the extra mile, mentor friend has struggled with her weight also. A few years ago she was struggling at the same time I was struggling with my weight (what else is knew) and she ended up joining Weight Watchers with a couple other ladies from my church. She also started walking and she has lost weight. It wasn't over night but she looks SO good. And I am really proud of her. Sometimes it is hard to be happy for other people when they have what you want. But I have never felt that way with her. I have just felt so happy for her. I think it is because her sucess is my hope. She gives me hope. If she did it then maybe I can also.

Before I got pregnant with Bo, Rhett was over three. I lost 30 pounds doing what I refer to as the "Dr. Phil" diet. It is just your basic healthy eating. I was on my way. They I got pregant and threw it all to the wind.

This may not be true for everyone but I have seen it in a lot of people. Once your youngest child hits about 4 or five you kick it in gear and lose weight. I am convinced it is because the stress of constantly being tied down to little people has lessoned and you are able to focus on yourself a little bit. For a long time I have felt like life is just too hard to also add losing weight into the mix. Because losing weight is a BIG deal.

So I have been telling my friend and telling my friend that I am going to join. One day I told her I really will join. And she told me I know you will. And my heart burst inside. Like into a million trillion little peices. "She believes in me!" It meant the world to me. She knows I will. She hasn’t given up on me.

Corey and I have had a few converstaions about Weight Watchers...
They go like this...

Me..."I want to join Weight Watchers."
Him..."huh? were you talking to me?"

Okay just kidding. They go like this...

Me..."I want to join Weight Watchers."
Him..."You don't need Weight Watchers."
Me.."yes...I do. I really need the support of other women. I need a group of people to be accountable to and who are cheering me on and who can relate to me."
Him..."No you don't. If you want to lose weight just get out there and do it"

.....Like he has. Oh....okay, I'll just do that. Thanks for giving me the idea. I hadn't thought of that before. I'll just go out there and do it. And while I am at it I will just eat more carrots.

So as you can tell we disagree. But Weight Wathcers wouldn't be such a successful company FOR WOMEN if it was just that easy to "do it". And for the fact that women are different from men and need support from other women.

So any way... all that to say I had promised myself I would join after Christmas. I haven't officially done it yet but I will. I know lots of people are having sucess with the HCG and other weight loss things but I really just want a plan for life and one that I can teach my kids also.

That's all.

3 comments:

Pirate Princess said...

This is the same conversation Russ and I had about Curves. They just don't get it.

I did weight watchers in Texas. I know it helps a lot of people, but I hated it - too much aspartame. So I did loose down to a size 8 - doing Lean and Free. But... yeah - no support group.

Unknown said...

Good luck Susan--my mom didn't do weight watchers but just up and joined a gym (which she couldn't really afford) and went EVERY morning for and hour or 2!!!!! Granted, her youngest is 13 and so it's not like she didn't have the time. But, anyway, she made lots of friends (going that often) and started to love it. She joined one of their Biggest Loser programs and has now lost over 50 lbs. Now she can share clothes with my 16 year old sister. Just get started and I bet you'll do AWESOME!

Janetlee said...

Susan, I went BACK to WW today after not going for 6 weeks, that's right, I hadn't gone since Dec. 4th. I gained 15lbs because I ate every holiday treat on planet earth. Anyways...It was hard to get on the scale today but since then I have felt all day very empowered because I did a really HARD thing...began again...getting on the scale and admitting I needed help again. We will still be going to WW when you are ready. I could actually go to any meeting with you except thursday nights, but Ida, Kristy, and I currently go to the 8:15am meeting Saturday mornings. Kristy just reached her goal weight today so no longer has to pay her $39.95/month. She gets to go for free! So exciting.

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...