Friday, January 7, 2011

Just a few UPDATES!

My boys dared a friend to stick his tongue to a frozen pole.... He did it.... Long live "The Christmas Story".

Kate locks me out of the house everyday when I walk Bo to the bus. I have to remember to bring my keys or I will be in trouble. As in...Locked out.

One of my BFF's had her 7th baby. Her other baby is only 16 months. I am filled with loving envy. That means, I love her but I am envious. I want those babies! I might be a little crazy, yes I realize. The new baby's name is Emerson. Doesn't that just have artist written all over it?

I fell again. Down a few stairs in the back yard wearing generic crocs. It hurt. Bo screamed in panic. It was a little sad. He'll get use to it.

My new father in law calls me pet names. I almost cried over it the first few times. That was before I realized that is just a standard with him. I am looking forward to a life of pet names from now on! All of my life I have wanted to be called pet names. I was determined my husband would call me pet names but alas... it never happens. I call my kids pet names. I will not let them grow up pet nameless. Their pet names range from babe, baby, lovey, honey, sweetie, sweetheart, pumpkin pie, dollie.....any mushy gooshie discustingly annoying pet name I can get away with calling them....I call them. My new father in law called me sweetie and sweetheart all in one night. I almost melted and later I almost cried thinking about it. He calls me "sis" also. For some reason a pet name is a big "you are okay" to me. Probably because I am a "words of affirmation" kinda gal. Have you read "The 5 love languages"? Gotta do it! Helps you understand many a thing in your relationships.

I found another Woody doll. And yes, I buckled and bought it. And yes, Bo kissed his hat in the back seat of the car like 10 times. And yes, I paid 10$ more for him than I did the first time I bought him. And yes, Corey knows. And yes, I am in trouble. And yes, he was worth every penny. (He has gone for show and tell today)

McDonald's new fruit and oatmeal is super yummy.

I have been continuing my serious contemplation about whether or not I am done having babies. If you asked Corey I am DONE. But I just don't know what the right choice is. So one night before I went to bed I prayed about it before I fell asleep. And then I had the sweetest dream and I was pregnant. And I was so happy about it. But then I learned it was with a boyfriend and not my husband. So then I decided it must not be an answer to my prayer. So a few weeks later I had another dream. I was in church giving a talk and telling the congregation about my family. I was telling them about one of our sons we had adopted when he was 6. I was telling them about what a SPECIAL experience it was. I have ALWAYS thought I would adopt. So maybe that could have been an answer to my prayer. I mean the room was filled with such sweetness as I talk about adopting this son. And then I announced his name was "Elmo".......... ...... ...... So now I am thinking that dreams are not very helpful ways to have your prayerful questions answered.

My mom took me to lunch again. And she paid again. Even. though. I. had. my. wallet. A little boy got hurt and came up to her for a random hug. Shes a grandma! There is your proof. When random little children come up for hugs that is when you know you are a grandma. We had a fun time laughing again.

Birds falling from the sky freak me out.

That is all for now!

2 comments:

Terri Porter said...

Okay, if you knew me, you would know........... I. RARELY. LAUGH. OUT. LOUD. when reading. But you got me this time.....ELMO? That was hysterical. Goes to show you, we don't spend enough time with people old enough to vote and older..... Thanks for the laugh today.

Unknown said...

Ha! Loved your post! You are the best!

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...