Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Well, Hello there, new local dedicated to cup cake store! So nice to meet you!

I am sure you have noticed that cup cakes are all the new rage right now.

Can I just say..........Get over it Famous People! Cup Cakes have always been good....long before you started telling us so! Sheesh.


Nonetheless I was excited as the rest of the trend followers/cake lovers to see that we had a cute little cupcake store in town. I went in yesterday to try one. Hello, yummy little beautiful looking glittery cupcakes.

Um....yea. They were pretty much fabulous. I have pretty much thought about them all day.

I ordered the Grass Hopper Cupcake. Which of course is just like a chocolate mint flavor. The cake was chocolate and the frosting was mint. With two little Andes stuck in the top. It came in its own little box. I loved that. I LOVED THAT. It made me feel rich. (and wasteful) (and I probably paid 50 cents for that little box). But I enjoyed it. Presentation means a lot, for reals. The cupcake had a layer of fudge and the glorious mint green frosting swirled on the top. It also had dark green little edible confetti on top. That little cupcake had great form. I ordered it JUST because it was the cutest one there.



Honestly though.....I have had better cake. But I doubt I have ever had better frosting on top. They were basically super yummy. And edible glitter on top? I'm sold.

I have never bought one cupcake from a cupcake store before so I don't have anything to compare it to, but they were pricier than I thought they would/should be. That will curb me from having an addiction, but I just thought I would say that I think you should all at least go try one.






Okay okay!!!! I confess! I tried TWO! at like $2.68 a piece! Or some outrageous price like that. But I shared one with my two little people. Why wouldn't they sell small cupcakes premade? It is a conspiracy to have us buy the big ones. So the other one I (we) tried was some raspberry chocolate kind. The frosting on top was rose colored and close to being to "die for". So good. I also learned there is another new cupcake store right diagonal and across walking distance from the other one. So, even though I hate when stores build so close to other competitive stores, I will have to try one out. ONE! I promise this time!

Tomorrow I will be posting about Weight Watchers. Hypocritical, I know!

1 comment:

Pirate Princess said...

I agree with you 100% - sometimes I think we are twins at heart. I LOVE presentation!!!! I saw that shop when Russ was in town and he said, "Don't even think about it." Now I will have to do it on my own. :D

And not hypocritical. Honest. I love that about you!

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...