Monday, May 24, 2010

Rhett has been cracking us up lately...


About a month ago our "Home Teachers"....


(In our religion part of the men's responsibility is to watch over the members of the Church, home teachers visit their assigned families at least once each month to teach and strengthen them. Home teachers establish a relationship of trust with these families so that the families can call upon them in times of need. Definition from LDS.org)

.... came for a visit. We, including all the kids, were sitting around the living room chatting, when there was a little lull in the conversation. For the first time ever I heard my eight year old sing, "AWK--WARD" and suddenly, indeed, the tiny lull became significantly awkward. After a moment we laughed but it took us a minute to recover in conversation.


A few weeks ago when we were at the doctors discussing, in depth, Rhett's ADHD, and learning of his dyslexia,.... these were the doctor and the cute intern who saw my glorious white tag sticking out of my backwards sweater .... the doctor was writing down something I had said and there was quiet in the room. All you could hear was the loudest ticking of any clock I have ever heard anywhere, when Rhett sings his little "AWK--WARD", and once again, all the awkwardness in the universe floods into the room. The cute intern says, "It wasn't, until you said that!" and then we laughed. And trust me, it was much funnier than my sweater on back wards. Much!


From now on I am going to have to watch this kid and make sure there are no more pauses in any conversation!






1 comment:

Susan said...

Kim said...Ok, this made me laugh out loud! HAHA! I love it! Thanks, Susan. You really are an awesome writer!

Corey said...Now he for sure looks for those moments to make it AWK - WARD!

Kim said...I was telling John about this story last night and after I sang the "AWK-WARD" part, we both burst out in laughter. It's just so funny!

Nancy said...He is soooooo cute!

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...