Tuesday, May 11, 2010

From now on, the answer to all the world's problems are eleven!

Today the principle called me from school.


Again.


I get a little sick now days when she calls. Which is sad because she is also a neighbor and a member of my church and I shouldn't be nervous when she calls.


But...I am.


Rhett had a problem at school today.


Again.


This time it wasn't a brawl in the name of stopping a fight (which at least started out somewhat noble).


This time the problem was the number eleven.


As in, a lot of them.


Over 40 to be exact.


One for every single math problem he had the night before for homework.


He told me he was done with his homework so he could hurry and go play. Today he turned it in, and for some reason his teacher doesn't approve of the answer eleven for every single math problem. Go figure.


So another few days of missing recess and P.E.


Isn't this fun? Seriously. If you take a step back and try not to be too serious (which I do out of necessity to survive my life, sometimes with a reminder from others) raising kids is a crack up! I love it! Next time some one asks me to fill out something important, I am just going to put the number eleven in every spot. For reals. I'm going to. Okay, just kidding. But I want to. And I am going to think about doing it and laugh.


We just got these funny School picture. He insisted on wearing his Scout shirt. Doesn't he look like trouble? He has a little wise guy look to him. He actually isn't so much. Trouble, that is. He makes a lot of impulse decisions filled with poor judgement. But he is the boy who still comes to his mom for hugs if he gets hurt. He is the boys who tells me he loves me every day FIRST. He is the boy who will help me with just about anything I ask. He is the boy who thinks I am a fabulous cook. He loves me. He is a sweetie head.



2 comments:

Janetlee said...

Cute. Who is the principal who is also your neighbor? I don't have a clue.

Susan said...

Linda said...That is pretty funny! I'll remember that the next time a Dr.'s office wants me to spend 15 minutes "updating" my records When Nothing's Changed!!! Funny!

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...