Tuesday, May 4, 2010

"I am not my body" - don't you love that?

I know my post have been a little churchy occasionally but there is no way I can document my life without sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ. It is part of me. At times it bursts to come out and I must share it.

I just got done watching the following video about my "friend" Stephanie Nielson. Her button is on the side of my blog if you care to check out her. I know it might be crazy that I call her my friend, but she is. I read into her life every day and I love her. She is my sister in Heaven and she means something to me here on earth as does all of God's children. She was in a plane crash a year or more ago. She had 4 young children when it happened. As I read her blog my heart broke for her when her youngest child didn't even know her after she woke up from a coma. He had attached himself to her sister because of the extent of time she was in the coma and how young he was in age when it happened. It has taken time for her to be able to physically "be" the mother again.

Sometimes it might seem draining to read about others pain when it is so hard just to get through your own chaotic life. I like to read about it. I like "feeling" with them and commiserating with them about their woes and my woes and the worlds woes. I like going through this earth life journey with each other. Maybe that is weird but I feel connection.

Sometimes, though, there are things I can NEVER read or hear about. That is generally abuse of children. Today Dr. Phil has mothers who are mean to their kids. Mothers who rant and yell and scream and hurt. I can't even go near watching that. It will make me ill. Sometimes when you are at the store and mothers are being so cranky and mean to there kids and yelling at them I get so upset. It makes me sick. It hurts my soul.

Oh yeah...In case you cared.... my sweetie pie, Bo, told me last night, as I was yelling for kids to help in the kitchen, that I was too loud and that I was always mad. Awesome.

Anyways, this whole long rambling post is really just to BEG you to watch this video. It is beautiful and I loved it so much.

BEAUTIFUL

BEAUTIFUL

BEAUTIFUL

It will be the best 8 minutes of your computer usage all day! I promise.


"My New Life"

2 comments:

Janetlee said...

Susan, thank you. This was such a spiritual experience for me today. I hope we can all remember we are not our body, that motherhood is divine. You are divine and I love you and your strength.

Susan said...

Linda said...Wow.

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...