Saturday, May 15, 2010

Happy Birthday to Susan


(((Susan is 38 Today)))


This is a tribute to my beautiful, wonderful wife Susan. Happy 38th Birthday!!! I hope you have a great day. You are such a special person to me and our kids. Thanks for being the Super mom and wife you are. Below are just a few others that feel the same way. You are very well loved and addored. We ALL love you - Corey


Happy Birthday!



Viki - "I think that the reason that everyone loves Susan is for her honesty and friendliness. She is such a joy to be around. I have so many memories of time spent with her, especially in the early years of the charter school when we were in the PFA together. We spent countless hours working on projects and built many good memories together. I also love that Susan likes to scrapbook and she is the best photographer of all of us...always remembering to photograph everything. Although she doesn't always see it in herself, she is a true blessing to all who know her. I love you, Susan. Happy Birthday."

Terri - Susan is one of the most genuine people I know. She is the most honest person I have ever met. Even honest about herself. She loves life, her family and her friends with completeness.
She would never do anything to intentionally hurt anyone. I remember meeting her for the first time. She made a fat joke (about herself) I was taken back (don't know many heavy people that laugh at their own size), I knew right then and there she was the kind of girl I wanted to be my friend.
I love you Susan. You make me a better person.

Jessi - I have a lot of happy memories with Susan, from making cool cakes in that basement apartment you guys used to live in to riding Sterling on a sidehill together and falling right off! She's always got a smile and a hug for me every time she sees me, and I just love her to pieces. She's also really inspiring as a mother to me! Happy Birthday Susan!

Megan - I had the privilege of getting to know Susan about 3 years ago. I met her when I started volunteering at our kids' school. She immediately became someone I wanted to be friends with. She was so kind and funny that I knew she was someone special. I don't know if she realizes but I believe her best quality is her ability to make friends. Wherever she is, she is surrounded by friends who love and adore her. She easily can make fun of herself and her crazy life of 6+ kids (okay maybe that's just crazy to me!). One of my favorite memories of Susan was at one of our late night dinners. Her, Viki, and I went to Wingers to count a bag of checks that we had collected from a fundraiser for the school. I'm not sure why, but we had the checks in a brown paper sack. Anyway, we all had their all-you-can-eat sticky fingers (delicious). It was getting late and we realized we were the only people left in the restaurant. The waiters were not happy that we kept ordering more sticky fingers! They finally asked us to leave! But when we got out to the car, we realized that we had left the brown paper sack full of checks sitting at our table!!! We tried to get back inside, but they had locked the doors behind us. We were all pounding on the doors trying to get their attention, but they had turned up the music and couldn't here us. Susan was going around to all the windows knocking on the them. We were pretty frantic (I think the sack had about $5,000 in it). After about 1/2 an hour of knocking on the doors (with me looking through the window the whole time to make sure no one put our sack in the garbage) someone FINALLY heard us knocking. We got our sack full of money, went back to the car, and cracked up laughing and promised eachother that we would never tell this story to anyone! I think that it's been long enough - no one cares now that we almost lost the school $5,000!!! Happy Birthday, Susan. I love you and hope that you have a great day! I hope you know how many people adore you and count you as their friend. I am definitely one of those lucky people. I find myself saying all the time to people, "My friend, Susan, . . ." and then I finish with one of our adventures or something that you wrote on your blog. Keep being yourself - because it works!! Love, Megan

Linda- The first time I saw Susan she was on a horse, In Anginette's equestrian class at Ricks college. No fear! I saw her before you did.(to Corey)
The first thing that struck me was her beautiful dark hair and oh so blue eyes.
HOW DID YOU GET SO LUCKY? How did we get so lucky to have her in this family?
Love her, love you, Aunt Linda


Carolyn - "I am having a hard time deciding which of Susan's many good qualities to write about, in addition to the darling, beautiful Grandchildren she produced. She is really creative--the clever birthday parties, cakes, Halloween Spooky Dinners, "Back-to School" dinners where she and her supportive Mother, Nancy, are school cooks complete with hairnets, aprons and lunch line with typical food and service. She is amazing at scrapbooking and cards, etc, and has some really priceless albums for her whole family. She hasn't got a selfish bone in her body, and is always willing to volunteer for whatever is need to assist her children in their projects and school. Besides, I think she is beautiful inside and out. Her beautiful skin, blue eyes and dark hair don't need anymakup to enhance. I am proud to have her as a daughter-in-law."

Angie V - I have known Susan for almost a year, and from what I know, she is kind and caring. She is a great wife and mom. She is so funny and I always laugh when I am with her. She is a bargain shopper and she has inspired me to start clipping coupons. I am so greatful to have met her and I hope we continue to be friends for years to come. Angie Vielma

Shannon P. - The 1st time I met Susan was when we were both sitting in the back of Relief Society. We chatted a little, and totally hit it off. Susan has the kind of personality that she can make anyone feel comfortable around her. She is always smiling, and always so enjoyable to talk to!!! She cracks me up!!!! We always meet different people as we move around in our lives, and some we carry with us, and some we don't - Susan is definitely a keeper!!!!! You are so sweet to do this for her!!! Shan

Claudine J. - Happy Birthday Susan! I think it says a lot that Corey asked everyone to send messages for you. That means he knows there would be lots of great things said about you! What a guy!!
I admire you in a lot of ways, you have a very tender heart and sweet inner spirit. Your love for motherhood is amazing! I love reading your blog, you have the perfect balance of reality, spirituality, and humor. I have been inspired by your posts many times and want to thank you for that! You have a great perspective on life and don't let anything get in the way of things you set out to accomplish. You are an example to many!
Have an awesome day! Claudine

Heather L - Susan is one of the best moms I know. Her family is her life and that shows in everything she does. No one can make me laugh like Susan, it doesn't matter what the circumstances are or how much stress there is, Susan can always be counted on to make the mood lighter. I have often wondered that if I knew how certain circumstances were going to play out would I do the last four years the same? And I know that if it meant that it was the only way I would ever meet Susan than yes I would do it all over again. Definitely. Happy birthday Susan you are a gem and all of us are just blessed to be in your circle! Love ya, Heather



Sherri - We are so lucky to have Susan in our family. Couldn't ask for a better sister-in-law. Susan has so many wonderful qualities.She is a great mother, wife, friend. She gives her all in all she does. I admire her in so many ways. Susan is alot of fun & makes parties & family events so fun. She can always make me laugh. Love you Susan, thanks for all you do!! Happy Birthday, Sherri
PS Just be careful if you ever play the game" Life" with Susan! Yikes!! Had no idea she had a competitive bone in her body :)

Frank - susan happy birthday. I sure enjoy you as a sister-in-law. you are a lot of fun to be around and visit with. Love to you always. Frank

Nancy - "Susan's most outstanding charactistic is her love and care for family and friends. She is very spiritual and a wonderful daughter to her Heavenly Father and us, her earthly parents. She is thoughtful, kind, and creative (enjoys having others particpate in her creativity).
Susan is a loving parent who involves and particpates with her children in fun and educational and talent growth projects ranging from dance and music and 4-H sewing, cooking and show rabbits."

Tracy - "I remember how excited Susan was to become a Mom. She wanted to make sure she was doing everything right, so she would "poll" people to get their opinions, before she decided what to do. Lots of questions. But look at her now. Six kids of her own, and she's a pro. I don't understand how she has time to do all the things she does. She's amazing. She wants to make sure her kids have good memories of lots of different experiences and she sacrifices alot to be able to get them to and from all their different activities. And most of all, she is happy to do it. Susan if a great person and I am so glad she is my sister-in -law and my friend!!"

DeAnn - Dear Susan, I remember when you and your family moved to Iona. I felt an immediate connection to you. Maybe it is because you make me feel so good about myself and because you are a fun, friendly person. I am just glad you are here and you are my friend. It is nice to have a confidant that I can be so blatantly honest with and you are never judgmental. I can vent, or laugh, or cry, or hurry, or jut rattle on randomly and you help me make sense of life. Another thing, even if we don’t have time to talk for months at a time – we can just pick up like we haven’t missed a day. That’s a real friend.
One quality I love about you is your obedient heart. You want to do what is right and good at all times. Another attribute you have is that you are a hard worker who will do whatever it takes to create the best possible environment for your children to succeed. You are humble about your abilities and talents but continue to use and develop them to help your family and all the rest of us, too. You are honest and call life the way it really is – and that is refreshing. You have leadership and organizational abilities that have blessed those you know and will continue to be a blessing to your family, church, and community. You are getting wiser and know when to say that you are at your limit and cannot take on more. You choose not to take offense and therefore don’t create unnecessary boundaries. What I am saying is that you have maturity beyond your years and I admire you so much for it. Thanks for your example. You lift me up! Susan, have a Happy Birthday and know that you are loved and needed! DeAnn Munns

Christina - Happy Birthday Susan! I just wanted to let you know that when I first met you at my very first GNO, I was struck by how interested you seemed in me, what I did, what my story was, all the no holes barred questions. Now that I know you better, I have seen that you take a genuine interest in all of the things around you. People matter to you and you care about them and their feelings. You are a wonderful devoted mother and wife and the best sort of friend the kind that any gal would be happy to have around them! It makes me laugh how easy breezy you are about things at times, times when I would be furious and up in arms, but you know who you are and what you want from life....and if I could have magically made the Dog appear for your birthday, you know that I would! I hope that you have the best birthday! Love ya tons and have a wonderful birthday!! Love, Christina

Wendy - One of my funniest memories of Susan happened just last February! I will never forget how hard we were laughing when the two of us went sledding down the hill by your house on the same sled with little Bo balanced on top of us. We were flying down the hill so fast that when we hit a bump, Bo got launched off! Sadly, that was completely hillarious to us and we sailed on down the hill in hysterics while poor little Bo wailed away...

Happy Birthday! Love, Wendy

Camy - Susan is truly one of my most favorite people in the world. My life has been so richly blessed by knowing her and seeing the wonderful example of a virtuous woman that I aspire to be someday.
• Honesty is one of the traits that I most admire in a person. Susan has the rare ability to be 100% honest without hurting ones feelings because she is so genuine and does not have ill intent.
• Thoughtfulness is another great trait. Susan thinks of such sweet things to make people feel special and loved such as; baby-showers-in-a-box, amazing cakes for her beautiful family, organizing meals for needy friends, cute little pink flower arrangement housewarming gift and offering to assist taking a friend and her dog to the vet for a final visit.
• Susan is absolutely gorgeous. I adore her jet black hair and fair complexion. She’s just like Snow White but her true beauty is within. They say the eyes are the window to the soul and you can see the pure love of Christ when you look into her eyes.
• Susan has a great love of the gospel and she works hard to teach her children to love and appreciate the gospel as well. I loved the “Finding Christ for Christmas” theme and looked forward to reading each day’s implementation of it.
• Susan has a great sense of humor and I love hearing her contagious laugh. I look forward to reading her blog and reading of the adventures of her family.
• Susan sees the good in everyone and is truly shocked when she hears of evil doings by others.
• Susan is so great taking all those pictures and scrapbooking them and keeping her blog updated.

Susan is an inspiration to me and the kind of person who makes me want to strive to be a better person myself. She is a dear friend and I am so honored to associate with someone of her caliber.
Happy Birthday to an amazing friend! I love you, Susan!

Kassidy - Mom is really special and i love her. She is always there for me and she has to put up with me. She knows what im going through so she helps me out. I love my mom.

Cameron- Happy Birthday Susan. I wish we lived closer so Because and I could hang out more with you and Corey. It is always a laugh when we hang out. We always hate to leaves. Hope your "time" birthday is great. Leopard writing your blog. It helps us out of towners stay caught up. You are a great writer. Hope you have a great day.

Kirsten- My darling Susan is so much my soul sister! I love her so much. She understands everything I feel, is always there to love and support those around her. She is a seemingly endless font of giving, love, and so many other things. When I think of Susan I think spunky and fun. I think of beautiful clear blue eyes that shame the sky. I think of a happy, young, laughing soul that keeps us all at the edge of our seats waiting for the next peek at her down to earth outlook on life. Susan is real. Susan is without guile. She always does her best, and that is pretty amazing. Susan is a friend, and I love her.

Linda- Susan has such a positive outlook on life. She’s positive that life is not only great now, but that it’s going to get better. She’s a joy to be around and makes fast friends with people she meets, due not only to her open nature but her dear personality. She refuses to believe the worst about anyone and has sympathy for everyone. She’s determined, and will find a way to make her plans happen. And someday when I grow up, I want to be as organized as Susan is.

My life has been immeasurably blessed by knowing Susan. I’m sure her parents rejoice over her; I’m sure her husband takes comfort in her dedication to their lives and I know her children will rise up and call her blessed.

Happy Birthday to one of the dearest people I know, one of my favorite people on the planet, and one of my best friends ever, Susan!! AKA: Susie.

4 comments:

Terri Porter said...

Well Susan not exactly sure what happened to the note I sent Corey, but apparently he didn't like it so didn't see fit to add to your blog. I will add it to your comment sections. Hope you have a fantastic Birthday, you deserve it.

Susan is one of the most genuine people I know. She is the most honest person I have ever met. Even honest about herself. She loves life, her family and her friends with completeness.
She would never do anything to intentionally hurt anyone. I remember meeting her for the first time. She made a fat joke (about herself) I was taken back (don't know many heavy people that laugh at their own size), I knew right then and there she was the kind of girl I wanted to be my friend.
I love you Susan. You make me a better person.

Terri Porter said...

Oh BTW that was just sarcasm about Corey....It was probably just a clerical oversight.....

Susan said...

Terri, I know! I am so sorry! Your comment was posted, I just didn't bold your name or seperate it from Viki! Opps- Corey

Anonymous said...

Corey said...Guess what I did while you were asleep? :)

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...