Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Do you think they give medication out for this?


You know how when you go to the Dr. to see what you need to do about your child not being able to pay attention to anything in his surroundings due to ADHD? It might be best if you weren't wearing your black sweater inside out with the huge white tag sticking out. It might be best if it looked like YOU were paying attention to YOUR own surroundings before you worry about someone else's.


It is also nice that there were two Drs. (one was an intern) instead of just one, and that they both held the door for me, and that when I sat down I realized, "hmmm, my sweater has some patterns I don't recall before." So then I realize it is on inside out. I decide to casually feel my back and confirm that there is indeed a big tag sticking out. So since both the Drs held the door for me I know they have seen the tag. After the appointment and on our way out the gentlemenly Drs hold the door again and I decide I might as well mention it.


So I say, "I already know you've all seen that I put my sweater on inside out."


The Dr. smirks, "I wasn't going to say anything."


And then we all had a laugh over it.


Fabulous.

3 comments:

Susan said...

Linda-Thanks for that. Hahaha X 10!

Camy-Ohhhh, Susan! I absolutely love you!!! That was great!

Mandy said...

I just had a laugh about it too, Susan! Love you!!

Susan said...

Patsy said...That was great LROL! You truly are an amazing person.

Nancy said...How come your mommy didn't see it when she came to babysit! I once had to tell a Dr. the size label was still on his pant leg! We all laughed about that!

Susan said...Because it was to the second dr appointment I had that Carolyn babysat for. I had taken off my sweater at home and then put it back on.

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...