Saturday, May 29, 2010

I have a kid in High School! How can that be when I am still 25?

Kassidy has been taking an art class in High School. When I asked if she like her teacher she gushed how much she really did like him and how much she liked art. The thing I really like about this teacher is he strongly believes that through practice and effort anyone can be good. That just changes things for me. I took art class but I was not good and I assumed I just didn't have the talent. I think if someone had let me know that I could become good I might have continued on.


So here is Kassidy's self portraits from the beginning of school and then from the end of school to show her improvement. I am not sure if there is improvement or not because they look completely different and I really don't have an artistic eye but I thought they were good and interesting.




(Some smoothing down of hair might have been a good idea...)


Also, here is Kassidy's funny post on her blog.

"School is out, sad sad day! I already miss all of my friends and my teachers! I love my school! It Da' Bomb! I have some very special friends at the school that are going back to Tiwan or going to other schools. But me, Im staying at my school, not because i dont want to go to the other schools, its because i love it at my school, its a great school to send your children, yeah its a small school, but in highschool you know everyone, and you (mostly) love everyone! Because it's such a small highschool, i know everyone's names, i know who they are, and i like (most) of them. :) School is a blast, and im excited to go back! I can't wait! If you are having trouble finding a school that's right for your kids, send them to my school- it'll be the best disision you'll ever make.
I love you my dear friends and teachers!"


I CRACKED up reading this! I am sure you all will want to send your kids to her school! It will be

the best

"DISISION"

you'll ever make!

2 comments:

Pirate Princess said...

This is precious! She's such a sweet girl too. Maybe I don't feel so bad now - Savannah never capitalizes her "i" either, and it DRIVES ME NUTS! :P

Susan said...

Mary said...haha, yeah right....wish her luck:)

Nancy said...How can my little girl have 6 kids of her own? I think I am still 40 years old!

Patsy Jo said...I know what you mean I'm still "?" and I have grandkids!!!

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...