Thursday, May 6, 2010

There are days when you just are tired of being the mom.

Like today when you get a phone call from the principal because your son has been in a... quote, unquote,.... brawl....., and now has one day in school suspension.

Or when you get an email from your others sons teacher, saying she was worried he wouldn't be prepared for the test tomorrow on the novel he has suppose to have been reading. And you didn't even know he was suppose to be reading a novel (even though you received three emails from the teacher telling you so).

Or when you are stopped at a stop sign and your two and four year old are yelling at you, "go, go, go, go, go..." And it is NOT cute and happy chanting. So you go when you can and they don't quit yelling, "go, go, go, go..." at you. And you are going. ugh.

Or when you go to pick you kid up from the dentist where you left him for a cleaning and they were waiting the whole time for you to come back so they could have permission to pull his tooth. But you didn't know it cause you were was shopping at Target. (My favorite store ever)

And while you are in the dentist you left your two year old in the car....(I could see her every second, I only peeked in the door of the dentist)....and when you go out to the car she is crying because she didn't get to get out of the car. So she stops crying and talks to you for a few minutes. Then all of a sudden she remembers she is suppose to be crying and lets out the biggest, fakest, "waaah waaah", you ever heard. Don't you want to try that as an adult? Just belt out some big old "Waaaaahhhssss" occasionally? I do.

These are the kinds of things that are happening to me every minute of my life. It is non stop "stuff". Which I love my life but today I want a break. Can't wait for my birthday for my "gift of time" as Corey and I refer to it, where I can go alone somewhere to scrapbook for 24 hours with no interruptions! Heaven.

The only thing that cheered me up, besides a bag of those frosted animal crackers with the sprinkles on them,...yum... was the guy who is testing Nathan for his ADD that we saw today, had an adorable Australian accent which therefore made him adorable. Would it be inappropriate for me to say that is way attractive in a man? I am a HUGE sucker for accents.

Oh, also I was amused when my eleven year old asked me the random question of, "how come there is always at least one person wearing a red sweatshirt walking by the rail road tracks?" You got me on that one, buddy!

No comments:

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...