Saturday, May 15, 2010

Oh my goodness! What a wonderful birthday tribute!

That was a BUNCH of fun posts! I loved them. Thank you so much for taking time out of your lives for that. I feel compelled to respond to every single one...So here it goes.


Corey- Thanks for all you have done to make my birthday special. All these nice things my friends said made me so happy. Thank you!

Viki- Working on the PFA with you and Meagan was the most fun! I learned so much about running activities and how to accomplish large scale (on a small scale) activities. Those were some of the best years! I will always be thankful for the school that we became friends.


Terri- Once again I will have to refer people to my past post http://moreholinessgive.blogspot.com/2010/01/im-fatget-over-it-oh-yeah-and-i-have.html where I outed my overweight self to the world because certain people keep doing it for me! Anyway Terri, it doesn't take long to see that you are a friend worth having! I know you "have my back" no matter what. Luv ya!

Jessi- My sweet niece! I was ecstatic to become an Aunt when I married Corey. I remember babysitting you as well and making a balloon cake with you. Fun times.

Megan- My faraway friend who I truly miss. I actually remember it being 10,000 dollars! That was the best memory! It was a crack up. We had so much dang fun! Move back to me!

Aunt Linda J.- You are a sweet lady and we certainly miss your presence!

Carolyn- I could never do those "spooky dinners" without you! You are a great support and a great mom in law!

Angie- You are so great! I hope we can continue to get to know each other more and more. You are funny and pretty and fit right in with us crazies....maybe that is bad.

Shannon the winker- I feel the same way about you. You are a keeper as well, and I hope you never leave our ward. Please, please, please!

Claudine-You're family has always been so good to us and we love you forever. Thanks for blessing our lives in so many ways. When is our next dinner date?

Heather- I would never change a thing either because you are someone I want to know forever. You crack me up!!!! I don't think I crack you up, you crack me up! And when our boys are sharing their messy unorganized bachelor pad together we'll go over and clean and laugh our heads off.

Sherri- I love you but do we really have to discuss this again? When someone is already losing the game you don't just take more of their money for fun. You take the money from the people who are winning. I still remember this so well. Now no one will play games with me now. Boo. Thanks for all you do and for always being so sweet.

Uncle Frank- The kids love you. You are a great, tolerant, Uncle. We had fun honking at you three times today as we drove by you painting your house. Just for fun to annoy you. I think it worked. ha! Thanks for enduring all those parties.

Mom- Thanks for helping me out with all my projects. You are the best.

Tracy- I loved what you said. It was so nice. I did ask a lot of questions, huh? You are a great sister in law. Thanks for the parenting tips.

DeAnn- My life mentor...I know you were put in my life. I need the security of knowing your advice is one phone call away. You are so full of wisdom. You need to make sure you continue to share it with the world. We need you!

Christina- The wittiest person I know! I love you so much. I am so glad I got to know you. You are more wonderful than you know. And I loved your hilarious b-day song you left on my FB. Crack up!

Wendy!-I laughed my head off remembering that. I did totally abandon Bo. That sleigh ride was hystercial. Why does it feel like you are going so fast down that while when you really aren't?
You are too fun. Move here!

Camy- My wise and wonderful friend. I just can't picture my life without you. You are so kind and generous. You and Brandon gave me a life boat to the real world with this phone. I think of you all the time.

Kassidy- You are so sweet and thoughtful. You are, you are, you are! Great and exciting things are in store for you and I can't wait to share the rest of your journey with you.

Cameron- Loved you note. Thanks for your encouragement. Proof reading is a good thing. You are always so nice.

Kirsten- My sweet friend with all the answers about how much Heavenly Father loves us. That is so true about you. I think that is your mission here on earth. To teach us that, when we were forget.

Linda- Who has been there and gotten me through every bad day in my life. And every good day. Every day! you have been my phone buddy and advisor through thick and thin. Love ya!
Here is to some thin days coming our way!

Now...In an effort to keep things real, I gotta tell you some of the real truths about me! Lest some of you think I am perfect after such wonderful comments from my loved ones... So here it goes...


A few months ago, after a ugly encounter with my son over his reading homework, I called his teacher on her home phone and cried my eyes out telling her I am not reading with him anymore and she can't make me! She is now doing his reading homework with him at school.


And while I was on the phone to her I cried about my other kids homework and now they are helping him with that as well! I wish I had paid more attention in math!

I can't make bread. Or rolls. Or biscuits. One time I forgot to take the saran wrap off the bread sticks I had made and they melted all over the bread sticks. I forgot and thought it was just part of the cheesy topping. I fed it to my family... and guests...!!!!

This is what my laundry pile looked like today....




I throw away my kids school papers. If I get caught I lie like crazy about why they were in the trash.

I don't brush my little kids teeth very well. As in hardly ever. When Bo had his first dental appointment I was humiliated because his teeth had plaque like a dog's. It's be nice to be able to say I have changed...but not so much.

You know those moms who forfeit the last piece of pie for their children....not me.

You know those moms who would trade places with their child when they are in pain...not so much me. Maybe I would if it was something serious, but something little like a shot.... not trading places...

So thanks to all you wonderful people who made me feel so great about myself. I will read those posts over and over again. Love ya! Love that you're all in this earth life journey with me! If any of you missed your chance to write how wonderful I am I will certainly be glad to still accept it!





1 comment:

Susan said...

Mary said...nothing says I love u mom, like piles of dirty clothes....u r the Queen of ur castle....lol

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...