Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Finding Christ for Christmas day 20

At church this year in the foyer as the cutest Christmas tree with names of the the neighbors who live within our ward boundaries. The idea is to grab some names and do an act of service anonymously. It is a great idea. We have done it in years past and the thought of us all out there scrambling to be good to each other thrills my heart.

So we had a few names and we had some goodies to take to the neighbors. Before we left, we started our Family Home Evening with prayer and then I spoke with the kids about Christ. I told them He spent his entire life doing good deeds and serving others. I told them that we don't want to waste too much time on the computer, playing video games or watching TV. That if we are trying to live our lives like Christ we need to be out there serving. It overwhelmed me at what a tall order that is to fill and how far off I am at being that way. I always think when the kids grow up I can't wait to sit around and quilt or scrapbook. So I guess we need to find a healthy balance. Although I think of Mother Teresa and you certainly can't go wrong spending your life in service. I can't wait to go on a service mission someday! (you know if my orphange isn't up and running by then)

The kids were hysterical and ecstatic to try to drop treats off and run before neighbors saw them(only to later remember the neighbors weren't even home that night) . It was good times. Then it was equally exciting to have someone leave treats at our house and run. I love life!

Thanks for the push, Cameron! I needed it. I am not giving up.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Hi Susan! I seem to lately been only looking at your blog on my phone and it won't let me leave messages! I just wanted to tell you how much I love what you're doing for your kids in finding Christ. I'm sure you're getting tired but you have loyal fans who need you to finish!!! Your bathroom looks AMAZING!! What a...n awesome Christmas present! Hope you guys have a great Christmas. Love you tons! Megan

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...