Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Christ for Christmas Day One!

Do you guys think it is funny that Corey never even mentioned one time why I had stars hanging all over the house? I guess he is just use to me.

John 10:27-30 "My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any [man] pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave [them] me, is greater than all; and no [man] is able to pluck [them] out of my Father's hand. I and [my] Father are one."

Tonight on day number one of Finding Christ for Christmas we read this scripture and discussed that we are His sheep. We discuss what happens to us if we do not follow the Shepard and ways we can become lured away from the flock. This is why we have our faces taped to sheep of course.

Although one child made obnoxious noises through part of it and "someone" was still up and distracting us with her chubby little cutie pie fatty pants little self, (Kate, not me) I was happy they all understood already that Christ was our Shepard and we needed to follow Him. They seem willing and excited to sit down and discuss, which is a great sign.

The tree looks awesome with the pictures of Christ hanging about. I think I will let the kids add other ornaments as one child was sad to not help decorate it. But Christ is definitely the theme. I have a "We Believe" little ornament on there. I want to find as many as I can for the tree. Not because we believe in Santa like the "We believe" probably means but because "We Believe" in Christ. Help me find them!

I have the most Incredible Awesome Fabulous news to share in a later post. That is all I can expose now until my husband gives me the word but trust me you are all going to want to cry for me when you hear it! And no...sadly and gladly...I'm not pregnant!

Nathan told me today that Obama asked a bunch of people what person we celebrated Christmas for. Apparently Cinderella was the consensus. What the chicken? Somehow I think he got the story confused. I even googled it and couldn't find anything.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Have I told you yet how much I love this idea? I wish my kids were old enough to sit still for a mini lesson. I may take this idea and steal it for the future. . . keep it up!
ps- how's nathan doing on his violin piece?

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...