Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I painted my nails tonight! (Daring color, I know)

It happens about twice a year. Usually when I am going on a scrap book retreat. Tonight it was for Corey's work party. No one notices of course because it is such a simple thing but to me it is a rare occasion. They take so long to dry! I don't know how people get manicures. You can't like touch anything for hours without getting a nick!
When I was a girl my dad HARASSED me about not chewing my nails. I use to feel AWFUL about it, like it was such a personality flaw. I tried to quit, but couldn't, and I really did feel AWFUL about it. (Luv ya, dad!)

One day, after SEVERAL years of marriage I thought to my self,


"self, who gives a darn?!"

It doesn't hurt anyone, I don't care that it doesn't look that great, I actually kind of like it when people have chewed nails, it is sort of cute, and my life saving quote:

"It is what it is!"

So that was the end of that! I don't EVER feel bad about it anymore and I have checked it off my list of things to overcome because who cares? Not me. And I feel just good about it now! Guilt free chewing all I want!

Sing it with me now...." FREEDOM "

What can you check off your list that really doesn't matter that much? Try it, it is nice.

1 comment:

Christina said...

MEOW! Those are some VERY nice nails! And twice a year is two times more than I paint mine so you are officially more girly than I! Congratulations!

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...