Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christ for Christmas day 25

Betcha you thought I forgot about this one!

Read from the scriptures Luke 2

LOVE THE SCRIPTURE LUKE 2:11! My friend, Linda, bought this scripture on a plaque during the Christmas bizarre. I have been coveting it the WHOLE time. Next year I am going to go and get one. (that and my veggie tale nativity which I STILL can't find cheap enough, UGH!) The plaque has so much gold glitter all over it. It is gorgeous! I loved the gold glitter. The gold is symbolic of a King to me, I think that is why I love it so much. I mean, truly, it has an unbelievable amount of gold glitter.

So on the plaque and from the Bible it reads:

For unto you is born this day
in the city of David a Saviour,
which is Christ the Lord.


I love it. I didn't get it done this year, (having a toddler and a 4 year old, plus the other 4, makes things so crazy, it is hard to get much done at times), but I want to start reading Luke 2 before the unwrapping presents begins. I was actually surprised and sad at how little is said about Christ's birth. I wanted more.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So glad you got that 25 days thing all done! Also - check out Jennie Bohrer's blog about her menu for Christmas - I think you could incorporate that into your 25 days thing that you market! Want me to help? I will just take 10% of your profits!!! =)

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...