Sunday, December 20, 2009

Finding Christ for Christmas day 18


Isaiah Writes of Christ's Birth
Isaiah 7:14; Isaiah 9:67
Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel. Isaiah 7:14


Isaiah was a prophet of God who prophesied to the people of Israel that the Savior Jesus Christ would be born to a pure and righteous woman. Isaiah said the Savior would be called "Immanuel" (Isaiah 7:14), a name which signifies that Jesus would save His people (see Bible Dictionary, "Immanuel," 706). Isaiah also prophesied that Jesus would be called "Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace" (Isaiah 9:6), and that He would rule over all the earth (see Isaiah 9:7).

Sadly, I must admit, my enthusiasm for the project is waning. I am getting tired.

1 comment:

Knudson said...

Keep going! Don't give up. This is truly when we grow, when we keep going even though we don't feel like it! You can do it.

Cameron

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...