Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Bo Bo! Yes, to much horror, I actually call him that sometimes! I swore I never would, but I do! It means something like fool in Spanish, I found out!

Some things I blog might just be personal but I am realizing this is more journaling than I have done in the past 16 years so I am going to continue at it regardless.

Today I received a sweet phone call from the darlingest primary president ever alive. She told me she had a spiritual experience with Bo and wanted to share it.

Poor little Bo. Because of his delays he is probably more like a three year old. It is hard for others to understand but he is trying his guts out to grasp onto life and all of its concepts! He is definitely a little uncontrollable and exhausting but I am practically blind to all his annoyances because Heavenly Father made me love him so terribly much my heart could just break! Like right now...tiny little pieces all over the place...love him that much!

Anyway the PP called and told me she had a spiritual experience with him on Sunday. The normal teacher wasn't there so she was helping and Bo was working on a picture, just coloring away. She said she felt an overwhelming spiritual feeling that she has never felt before, (not just not with Bo, but never before, was the way I understood it, make sense?), that Bo was a child of God. That he was Heavenly Father's child and he was special. She said he was just trying so hard. As she was telling me this I felt she was moved and I was defiantly holding back, (okay, not so much), tears. I am so grateful she felt that way. However, I remember feeling not surprised because I already know who he is. But I am so grateful he is in loving hands because he needs, and deserve, patience. The PP was calling because amidst the Sunday chaos another teacher had to bring him to me for being distracting and she was hoping I wasn't feeling bad over it. Which I wasn't. I just keep telling myself one day at a time with him and we will get there. I don't think he is going to be permanently delayed. He will catch up. But he had 14 ear infections before he turned 1 and that is just a lot of auditory development he missed out on, so he is just behind. But he'll get there. I am just thankful he has someone watching out for him and who can see him for who he really is.

I am also thankful we started a routine a few months ago of reading to him nightly. He never has liked it before and with everything else I know it is TERRIBLE but I just didn't get it done. But now we read 4 plus books a night and I immensely adore that time with him. Sometimes I can almost feel his little synopsis opening up and the knowledge just rushing in. I am regretful we haven't done this sooner. He did NOT like books before, though. He would never let me read to him. He would close the books! But I am grateful we can do this now. I love to hold him and read to him. We read books ranging from the Incredible Hulk with Bruce Banner (I get really into this one), to a farm book all about getting a horse unstuck from the mud, to a book about a snake putting mice in a jar for lunch. We argue over whose favorite book that one is. Sometimes he will just be so happy he will hug me like crazy and kiss me. I am so thankful for motherhood and for these little spirits and the chance to raise them. I am grateful there are six of them so I can have chances to go back and do some things differently with the next ones. Kate is already a reader! I am once again grateful for Heavenly Fathers plan. I only wish he could have made chocolate calorie free. What was up with that poor planning?

No comments:

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...