Tuesday, December 29, 2009

I am a coupon queen loser!


It is my hearts desire to be thrifty, really it is!. When I spend money, I very often think, "my husband had to work so and so many hours for me to buy this," truly I do. So, I really want to get into this coupon mania where these people are saving so much money, even though it looks like it takes hours. But I figure if it can keep me at home then it will be worth it. But I just can't seem to get the hang of it.

Here are my experiences to prove I am having coupon issues-

  • Been following blogs that tell you exactly how to save. I go into Walgreen's with one coupon and I was looking for the second coupon I needed that is in some mysterious catalog floating around someplace in the store. I am trying to get free NyQuil that the coupon queen told me I could get. I could never find the mysterious coupon and left spending thirty dollars on non needed items. What? How did that happen? Oh yeah, and I forgot to use the 50 cents register rewards coupon I had! Loser!

  • My Veggie tales nativity! Need I say more?

  • Today I go into Walmart. I had coupons that were going to make toaster strudels under a dollar a box! Didn't need those strudels but gotta get the good deal. Cashier forgets to use them. I am so nice, (aka: wimpy), I tell her that is okay, I will get them next time. (She would have had to call the manager to undo the transaction.) She told me she wishes all the customers were so understanding. I guess that makes it worth it, but I left paying full price for two toaster boxes of toaster strudels I didn't need! I am bad at this!

I am not going to give up. I am going to start ordering my 6 newspapers every Sunday, ( Lunacy I know!), and if after about three months it isn't working I am going to quit and no longer aspire to my coupon queenship!. I'll keep you updated.



P.S. If I could just get enough blog followers maybe I could put ads on the side of my blog and not have to clip coupons. Who knows how that works? If you are reading my blog sing up as a follower so I know you are out there. That, or start praying for me to have a dream, (like Stephanie Meyers did), so I can write my best seller. I am too busy clipping coupons to come up with my own idea!

No comments:

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...