Sunday, December 6, 2009

Finding Christ for Christmas day 5

Thank goodness for Michael McLean! Seriously! I love him! I wanted to do a lesson on the three wise men and I knew there was a great song out there, so I you tubed it and found it if you are interested. Here is how you find it, google- you tube Michael McLean "I cannot find my way". I tried to post it but apparently I don't know how. Anyway I had the kids come downstairs by the computer and I showed them a picture of three wise men. I taught them some things I researched about the wise men and then I told them to lay down on the floor or lean their heads back and pretend they were wise men out in the dessert with their camels. I had the lights turned off and I shown a flashlight on the ceiling as the star. I played this song off the computer about the wise man and I know it is cheesy to do this but I narrated through the whole song telling the kids what the song was saying. I loved the words so much I wrote them down.

"Somewhere beneath the glitter, that comes this time of winter, in many souls there is a cry. They may not clearly say it, but in their hearts they pray it, and you can see it in their eyes."

(then beautiful back ground of many voices start singing "I cannot find my way, I cannot find my way, I cannot find my way at all. There are so many different voices, so many different choices, I cannot find my way at all.")

"There were three kings who followed the star of Bethlehem. they came from afar to praise and honor Him. The light which beckoned them to see the Lord of men, it calls to you, it calls to me."

("We cannot find our way, we cannot find our way we cannot find our way at all. There are so many choices, So many different voices, we cannot find our way at all.")

"We're not alone we have a star that shines today. The love that He gave teaches how and shows the way. The light is clear to see if we have faith and believe. Three kings found the Lord and so can we."

("We cannot find our way, we cannot find our way at all. There are so many choices so many different voices.")

"And if you've lost you way that light burns bright today and that light will burn eternally. Three kings found the Lord and so can we"

(Lord help us find our way, we need to find the way .")

Music can bring the spirit so fast and this is a really neat song. After the song I talked to them about how, like the star, Christ is our light that will help us find the way. I said how there are many different "voices" in the world telling us certain things are okay when they aren't, and sometimes it can become confusing, but if we keep our eyes on Christ and the gospel and the light we can find our way.

1 comment:

Quail Ridge Griffons said...

That was beautiful. I'm sure your kids were touched. I had chills just reading it! Beautiful! I just found my FHE for Monday!

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...