Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Finding Christ for Christmas day 7

Yes, I realize it is suppose to be day eight. I'll get to it...
Jesus Blessing Jairus's Daughter


Artist, Greg K. Olsen

A ruler named Jairus asked Jesus to come to his house and heal his dying daughter. On the way they learned it was too late: the little girl had died. However, Jesus told Jairus not to fear but to believe in Him. When Jesus entered the house He told the mourners not to cry. He told them the girl was not dead but asleep. They laughed because they knew she was dead. Jesus took the girl by the hand and told her to arise. She returned to life and rose from her bed. (FYI:I did not write this summary.)

For those of you who know me I have always had grandiose ideas. It is often all or none with me. I have been learning and am being taught that some is better than none. So some days my lessons are not everything I envisioned but life is busy and I can't do all I want. But a simple three minute lesson about Christ raising the dead is something, is it not? When I look into my oldest son's eyes, every time I have been talking to him about Christ this past little while, I know it is. He is listening. I think he is internalizing. I really do.

I love it that sometimes I can just do a little and it is still a great thing. I bore my testimony on Sunday. I never do that. EVER. I am terrified because of past stupid experiences. But it was very quiet at testimony meeting since our ward has been split. Since we have been "finding Christ for Christmas" I literally could not sit in my seat one moment longer if there was silence. I couldn't let time be wasted when we could be testifying of Christ. It just seems so wrong since I have been feeling of His spirit to let that time go by not proclaiming that He is our Savior.

I hope I don't sound braggy or like I am "all that" spirituality wise. I defiantly have my weaknesses (*cough,* desperate house wives,* cough*). I struggle (*cough*, not reading scriptures daily*cough) all the time. I am just trying to improve and grow my testimony and teach my children. Hope it is coming off in the right spirit.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

your ward is quiet now because of the split? Or jhe quiet for testimony meeting because the people who always got up are now in a different ward? Our ward is really loud and it drives me crazy some days!

Megan said...

I absolutely love your posts on your finding Christ in Christmas. They are so beautiful. I wish I could be stronger. I'm going to print off all 25 of your days and do them next year with my own children. What a great idea you had. So simple, and yet must be difficult enough because we're not all doing it! Thanks for your example! Keep up the good work and your strong faith!

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...