Thursday, December 24, 2009

Finding Christ for Christmas day 23

A few week ago I stumbled a across a you tube video. My favorite Christmas song is, "I heard the bells on Christmas day" so for some reason I was checking it out and came across this awesome different version by a Christan group "Casting Crowns". I have been obsessed with the song. It is so beautiful. You can find it on my face book. So I was checking out a blog on the lady who saves a bazillion dollars couponing, and she said that the Veggie Tale nativity was on sale for only 10 dollars from 20 and if I enter a certain code I could get it for like 9 dollars! Well, What the Chicken! Uhh... Yea! Of course I need a Veggi tale nativity! Don't you? So in my great effort to save money and become a coupon queen it was my duty to order one at such an extremely great price. I know you would do the same. As I ordered it I saw the Christmas CD "Casting Crowns" on sale as well and I had to have that too! (This couponing to save money is working out grande!) Seriously I love the CD and discovered yet another song that just was awesome. So for day 23 I played it for the kids and we talked about how we needed to live our lives so we aren't asleep when Christ comes. I talked with the kid about what that really meant and how America is asleep. We are so worried about acquiring things and status. We are not living pure lives and remembering the basics, which is Christ. So that was our discussion. I told them to live good lives so they can be awake. Awake to the spirit. Below are the words from the song. But it isn't as good unless you listen to it. I would go the the Christian website and order yourself a CD and don't forget the Veggie tale nativity!
(see new happenings at the bottom of this blog!

While you were sleeping:

Oh little town of Bethlehem

looks like another silent night

Above your deep and dreamless sleep

A giant star lights up the sky

And while you are lying in the dark

There shines an everlasting light

For the King has left His thrown

And is sleeping in a manger tonight, tonight

oh Bethlehem,what you have missed while you were sleeping

For God became a man

And stepped into your world today

Oh Bethlehem you will go down in history

As a city with no room for it's King

While you were sleeping while you were sleeping

Mary shivers in the cold

Trying to keep the Savior warm

Born among the animals wrapped in dirty rags

Because there was no room for Him in the world He came to save

United States of America

Looks like another Silent Night

As were sung to sleep by philosophies

That save the trees and kill the children

And while were lying in the dark

Theses a shout heard cross the eastern sky

For the bride groom has returned

And has carried His bride away in the night

America what will we miss while we are sleeping

Will Jesus come again

And leave us slumbering where we lay

America, will we go down in history

as a nation with no room for its king

will we be sleeping will we be sleeping

United state of America

Looks like another silent night



Very sad! Actually LIVID! I just looked on my email to find the web site so you could order a Veggie Tale Nativity and my order has been canceled due to the fact that they are all gone! I am now on the hunt for one, sale or no sale! Darn that coupon Queen!

No comments:

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...