Friday, December 25, 2009

Finding Christ for Christmas day 24. Did we find Christ for Christmas?



I can't help but think we did!

Justine


Rhett- Still can't read (being tested as to why) so I had to write for him

Nathan


Kassidy

Today I had the kids bare their testimony in writing of Christ. Since one of the ways we strengthen our testimony is by sharing them I thought that would be good. I guess I was expecting this grandiose change in all of us so I feel a little bad that that didn't happen. But I defiantly think I can't take for granted the huge seed I feel I have planted. Actually I think the seed had already been planted and I helped the roots to grow. That feels more right to me. So if the roots can continue to grow I hope they will eventually develop into a strength that can not be torn apart by the world or anything else. That is my prayer and was my goal. I always felt like one thing I wanted my kids to have before they left my home was an earnest testimony and knowledge and love of Christ. We will keep working on it but I believe we did find Christ this year. Everyday in a tiny amount of time we felt the spirit and learned about Him and felt his power. Definitely felt His power, I think. They were sweet moments in an other wise chaotic world.



As for myself and my own testimony, I know i have so much room to grow. But the tender, mostly quiet, moments I had this month with my children, teaching them of what was most importance was grand. I loved it.


I love the Savior. He brings me peace. And joy. And love, and hope. He is my King and my brother. I hope I can honor Him for my journey on earth and stay focused on His light and sharing it and growing it and giving it away. I can't believe what He did for us. I just can't understand it but I am thankful. I hope I will live in a way that shows it.



Enjoy!


Dallin H. Oaks-"At times we may despair that our burdens are too great. When it seems that a tempest is raging in our lives, we may feel abandoned and cry out like the disciples in the storm, 'Master, carest thou not that we perish?' (Mark 4:38). At such times we should remember His reply: 'Why are ye so fearful? How is it that ye have no faith?' (v. 40).

"The healing power of the Lord Jesus Christ--whether it removes our burdens or strengthens us to endure and live with them like the Apostle Paul--is available for every affliction in mortality."

Gordon B. Hinckley-"He whose birth we commemorate this season is more than the symbol of a holiday. He is the Son of God, the Creator of the earth, the Jehovah of the Old Testament, the fulfillment of the Law of Moses, the Redeemer of mankind, the King of Kings, the Prince of Peace. . . .

" 'And now, after the many testimonies which have been given of him, this is the testimony, last of all, which we give of him: That he lives!

" 'For we saw him, even on the right hand of God; and we heard the voice bearing record that he is the Only Begotten of the Father--

" 'That by him, and through him, and of him, the worlds are and were created, and the inhabitants thereof are begotten sons and daughters unto God.' (D&C 76:22-24)."

"This is our testimony to all mankind. It is our gift and blessing to the world. He is our joy and our salvation, and we will find Christmas of greater meaning in our own lives as we share these truths with others.



Henry B. Eyring-"Jesus Christ is the light and the life of the world. If we do not choose to move toward Him, we will find that we have moved away. . . . Whether or not you choose to keep your covenant to always remember Him, He always remembers you."

Kathleen H. Hughes-"Our families need the peace of God in their lives, and if we can't or won't invite the Lord into our lives, then our families become a reflection of our own turmoil. Women are asked to be nurturers to their families, but we must also be firm; we must be the hard rock footings on which our homes can stand. Our families need us to speak peace to them, just as the Lord speaks peace to us. Our homes need to be places where our families and friends want to be, where all who enter our homes can draw strength and courage to face the challenges of living in an increasingly wicked world. Our children need to hear us 'talk of Christ, . . . rejoice in Christ, [and] preach of Christ' (2 Nephi 25:26) so that they may know to what source they can look for the peace that 'passeth all understanding' (Philippians 4:7)."

Robert D. Hales-"There is nothing that we are enduring that Jesus does not understand, and He waits for us to go to our Heavenly Father in prayer. I testify that if we will be obedient and if we are diligent, our prayers will be answered, our problems will diminish, our fears will dissipate, light will come upon us, the darkness of despair will be dispersed, and we will be close to the Lord and feel of His love and of the comfort of the Holy Ghost. It is my prayer that we can find the faith, courage, and strength to endure to the end so that we may feel the joy of faithfully returning to the arms of our Heavenly Father."


Thanks for following me and my family on the search for Christ this season. I hope you all found Him as well.

No comments:

Hello, my old friend.

It's been about six months since I have seen your face. I decided today that I needed you again, back in my life. School is all but a mi...